Sunday, April 29, 2007

FELICITY ALWAYS GETS ME

I don't know what it is about the show Felicity, but it pulls on my emotions like no other show can. It doesn't make me laugh as hard as other shows, but it has a hold on me. This is the third go-around of watching Season 1. The first was when I was a senior in high school and I watched regularly with my mom, which started with our fascination with the fact that Kerri Russell looks like my sister at the same age and continued because we were drawn into the story line and, somehow, because I was soon going off to college adventures myself. The second time was our first year of marriage, when Tom bought it for me for Christmas and we were drawn into the show, Tom just as much as me. And now, after a lull in viewing any shows, we are connecting with the world of "Ben or Noel" again. And juggling that with our introductory season of Arrested Development, courtesy of Tim and Nicole. But the difference is that this time, while it gets my emotions, it hasn't captured us like it did the first time we watched it together. And that's a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never watched Felicity for the exact reason you started watching it. But maybe I'll have to borrow your DVD sometime. You're going to LOVE Arrested Development! Job and Buster are the best!

Katy said...

You THINK that you are anonymous, but I know who you are! Didn't someone try to set you up with a guy who looked just like Ben, only for that reason?

I do like Job and Buster the best.

Anonymous said...

Someone ANONYMOUS knew said they knew someone who looked like Ben and that we should meet...but that never happened.

Lucille and George Michael are pretty good too.