bookshelves - Bookshelves - with books on or in them, make a huge differene in the overall "coziness" of a room. For quite awhile, we had all ofour books out in the garage, due to the difficulty of moving them in when it was cold or snowy or we were just too tired. However, within the last week or so, we have finally moved all of our books inside and have mostly arranged our bookshelves and it makes a huge difference in the comfort of our little apartment. When you walk out of the bathroom, you can see across the apartment to the two bookshelves at the entrance and it still makes me smile when I see all the books. I used to really dislike the awkward placement of these bookshelves (even though it's the only place they really work), but now I really like how it looks. Same thing with the bookself in the living room. It's still difficult to figure out what books or categories to place where, since it's like figuring out how to represent ourselves via books, but it is nice to have them home again.
my secret love - I love the snow! I feel like I need to keep this quiet and not blab to the wrong people, since most seem upset about the foot or so of snow that fell here over the weekend. But I want to shout if from the rooftops (but that might be dangerous)! I love how the snow looks covering everything - especially huge pine trees - I love how it looks so fresh and so clean (clean) and I love the feeling of adventure that a huge snowfall gives you. The birds seem happier and chirpier after a huge snowfall and everything feels more like the winter wonderland Minnesota used to take pride in. I am still in support of winter.
the quest for chinese food - Since moving to Brooklyn Park, one of our favorite restaurants is a local thai restaurant that has really great, really inexpensive food (cashew nuts chicken tops our list at number one). However, we struggled to find a chinese restaurant. I think there are so many around and we were so happy with the thai place that we were overwhelmed and didn't try any of them. But the other day, we finally tried one for lunch after the owner had given Tom a menu on a trip into Caribou. It was really good and two nights later, when we had friends over (during the show storm) they were in the mood for Chinese, so we got the full feel of how it rates as a take-out place. Still not quite as good as our favorite place in Forest Lake (which unexpectedly shut down while we lived there), but a very, very near second.
And we have leftovers.
my secret love - I love the snow! I feel like I need to keep this quiet and not blab to the wrong people, since most seem upset about the foot or so of snow that fell here over the weekend. But I want to shout if from the rooftops (but that might be dangerous)! I love how the snow looks covering everything - especially huge pine trees - I love how it looks so fresh and so clean (clean) and I love the feeling of adventure that a huge snowfall gives you. The birds seem happier and chirpier after a huge snowfall and everything feels more like the winter wonderland Minnesota used to take pride in. I am still in support of winter.
the quest for chinese food - Since moving to Brooklyn Park, one of our favorite restaurants is a local thai restaurant that has really great, really inexpensive food (cashew nuts chicken tops our list at number one). However, we struggled to find a chinese restaurant. I think there are so many around and we were so happy with the thai place that we were overwhelmed and didn't try any of them. But the other day, we finally tried one for lunch after the owner had given Tom a menu on a trip into Caribou. It was really good and two nights later, when we had friends over (during the show storm) they were in the mood for Chinese, so we got the full feel of how it rates as a take-out place. Still not quite as good as our favorite place in Forest Lake (which unexpectedly shut down while we lived there), but a very, very near second.
And we have leftovers.
No comments:
Post a Comment