Two days in a row of playing on various types of playground equipment is a lot of fun. A little rough on the knees, on the "con's " list, but ton's of fun regardless. On Friday, I went on a field trip with four younger girls to an indoor "adventure park." It was basically a glorified playground with the addition of some very nice climbing tubes. And it was well thought out for adults to be able to play alongside of the kids. It was still required that we crawl, twist, slide and squeeze through different areas and had only a few places where I could stand up, but it was well worth it. At least half of the areas were padded, which added to my ability to crawl with some amount of agility through things. After some confusion and many wrong turns, one of the first graders guided me to the "really big orange slide" which was well worth it for the ride down. I had tons of fun just hanging out with with the younger girls, which is something I don't
get to do as much at school, when I am disciplining more often than I am crawling and giggling. I left Adventure Peak energized and happy to have had an afternoon of childlike fun with our students and school administrator (she fared pretty well through the maze of tubes as well!)Then, on Saturday, we had some friends over, including their four month old son and four year old daughter. (We realized that this was the first time we had had a family over to hang out for the afternoon and the first lunch menu planned with a four year old in mind). It was great to hang out with them. Part of the afternoon was spent at the park, running around again. However, this time, the tube part wasn't padded and not quite as generous in the amount of room provided. But there was tons of climbing and chasing. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed the time to just play together. As you can see, their daughter loves being chased (and caught) and seems to love to play with us, which means that someone thinks we are cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment