I think we get a lot of spiders around here, maybe due to our proximity to the river and wooded areas. To me, spiders have always been a normal part of life, and they love to hang out in the bathroom (I am sure I have written about them before). This week, we had an ugly spider in the bathroom, he was very aware of his surroundings, which added to how creepy he was (he was of the brown, scrawny, ugly variety, not my favorite); he would see my and try to move somewhere else when I looked away. But when I purposely looked away to see if he'd move, he knew what I was up to and stayed in place. I kept asking Tom to kill him, but he wasn't able to reach him in the upper corners of the room, to the spider remained. (I don't see why we can't take a step stool and place it int the bathtub and have Tom stand on it to kill the spider, seems perfectly safe to me).
Yesterday, I realized that not only was this annoying spider sticking around, but his identical brother, look alike friend or equally ugly mate was hanging out in our bedroom. This morning, Tom proudly announced before leaving for work that he had killed the spider in the bathroom. I was excited (I was sick of him being there in my private bathroom moments. especially while showering). I was a bit surprised to see that, when I got up to go to the bathroom, a spider was in there. I don't know if Tom killed the bedroom spider who had sneakily made his way into the bathroom to hang out with the other one or if the bedroom spider knew that the bathroom spider was dead and is coming to take over his territory. Either way, I would like him to die as well or at least leave the bathroom.
Yesterday, I realized that not only was this annoying spider sticking around, but his identical brother, look alike friend or equally ugly mate was hanging out in our bedroom. This morning, Tom proudly announced before leaving for work that he had killed the spider in the bathroom. I was excited (I was sick of him being there in my private bathroom moments. especially while showering). I was a bit surprised to see that, when I got up to go to the bathroom, a spider was in there. I don't know if Tom killed the bedroom spider who had sneakily made his way into the bathroom to hang out with the other one or if the bedroom spider knew that the bathroom spider was dead and is coming to take over his territory. Either way, I would like him to die as well or at least leave the bathroom.
2 comments:
To update, last night I killed the remaining spider. He kept coming towards me and even after I said "I WILL kill you!" he continued to approach me. After one miss (sad, since my hand it at least 20 times his size), I squashed him and felt very proud of myself.
Hopefully spider family members will not be coming to the funeral in your bathroom.
Post a Comment