A recent post by a friend brought to mind an event from my recent life. On Monday, I was trying to make a quick (and healthy) lunch and had about 20 minutes before I needed to get to a meeting at church. I put together a delicious sandwich. While it was in the toaster over, I started to make a smoothie. I thought, "everyone might want a smoothie on this warm spring day; I'll make enough for everyone" (only three other people). I had recently washed the whole smoothie maker (after figuring out that the bottom actually does come apart and that I can clean out the fruit gunk that gets stuck in there) and put it back together. So, I grabbed the smoothie maker (a cumbersome and obnoxiously loud device) and put it on the counter and loaded it up with extra fruit (strawberries, banana, raspberries and blueberries)and extra juice, since this was going to be for more than just me. I heard a funny liquid noise when I put the lid on, and thought that I should check it out. As I lifted the top off of the base, an eruption of juice hit me, the counter and the floor and dripped into the cabinets. I quickly dropped the top back down on the base, yelling some type of inappropriate word and I started to clean up, using almost an entire roll of paper towels (then feeling guilty about wasting that much). Then I moved the whole thing over to the sink and tried to take the top off again. I was unsuccessful and created another, slightly smaller mess on that counter-top, cabinet and floor. With my pants rolled up, I did a crappy job of cleaning the whole thing up, leaving stickiness everywhere, while trying to rush out the door and make it to meeting, with my lunch in hand (the lunch I was supposed to eat before I got there).
No one wanted any smoothie.
No comments:
Post a Comment