The average home internet set-up takes somewhere between 15-30 minutes according to what I gather from what the guy at my house setting up the system seemed to imply. Ours was going to take about an hour, he informed me, since there was some extra work that needed to be done with the wiring. I was perfectly alright with this timeframe. It fit well with my schedule and didn't seem too long to wait. Assuming that he'd be done by about 12:30pm, it would be done just in time for me to pick up some delicious Chinese food for lunch and head to church for an afternoon of work and hopefully a break in-between that and heading back to the church for a few more hours.
Somewhere within that hour timeframe, he had to make a run to pick-up something that he thought was on his truck. No big deal, just added an extra half-hour to the whole deal. From there, the combination of our computer being slow and some unknown problem meant that he left around 3:00pm. Yes, that is about three and a half hours after he got here. He left and the job wasn't done. Our internet worked, but not our wireless. He was going to send someone else over in about an hour to look at it. At this point I think he was frustrated; I was frustrated and bored and incredibly hungry. Mary, who was waiting at church for food that was supposed to arrive at 12:30pm was also hungry and I felt horrible. I went to pick up the food (I think the guy said he had remade our order, which I think I had ordered around 1:30pm when I thought we were almost done with internet hookup at home. I had just enough time to eat and then head back to the house to meet the other guy who was here to finish setting up the internet. Within about an hour or so, he had things sort of figured out, at least enough for us to function for now. It was overall what felt like a waste of day. Though I did get lots of practice being housewife Katy, cooking dinner early in the day for later, doing laundry etc.
1 comment:
I need more O'Yenter blogs.
Post a Comment