Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I am truly a lover of all the seasons and love the change and extreme that seasons bring. However, I think if I had to secretly vote (you know, the kind where everyone closes their eyes and then you raise your hand for what you are voting for . . . or some other more sophisticated form like ballots behind creepy booths), I would vote for fall as my favorite. There is something amazing to me about the changes and the quality of the air. This fall has been a bit strange, with two snowfalls so far, on top of newly fallen leaves, and colder temperatures. Strange, but I do enjoy it. To look in our new backyard and see bright colored trees with their leaves on the ground surrounded by snow on the ground and snow balanced on the branches is a fun new sight for me.
Today I looked out back to see two deer resting in the backyard, which I love. I love any interaction with animals, like these roaming deer and the raccoons we have spotted lately on the windy road home. I looked later and saw only deer one remaining, nervously planning an escape route to avoid our neighbor who was in her garden. I think the deer know that she doesn’t really like them, but they eat her plants and flowers anyways to provoke her.
It reminds me of my mom and her love/hate relationship with the many, many deer which call her acreage their home. You can check our her suburban wildlife sanctuary adventures at her new blog. She is a great writer and a major inspiration for how I’ve learned to view the world throughout my life.
I also encourage you to check here for information and updates on the Awaken Tour. This tour is the newest adventure of Todd and Libbie and other friends to use their amazing giftings in music, speaking, and various forms of art to raise awareness of the issue of human sex trafficking.
2 comments:
Glad to see an autumnal posting, Katy, and thanks for plugging my blog on your blog.
No problem! Thanks for commenting.
Post a Comment