Monday, February 04, 2008

ALL DRESSED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO

Tom and I got snowshoes as a gift for Christmas. This was one of the really exciting gifts, the Red-Rider-BB-gun that we have wanted for years. It was the gift we thought we might never get until we could buy it for ourselves. And then it happened, at the end of the gift opening, that two large boxes were brought out containing shoeshows, in all their shiny glory. And we couldn't wait to use them.

However, the gobs of snow that were here before Christmas break had already melted when we returned to just below snow-shoe quality and have yet to return. We thought for sure that we'd be able to snowshoe by this past weekend, after lots of false weather-man promises of snow, but alas, it hasn't really snowed until today. And of course, we are busy preparing for a retreat and can't take that time out to go and play (good thing we have some self-control). Needless to say, I hope that we either (a) get a snow day tomorrow and can play and prepare or (2) get a lot more snow in the next two weeks so that we can shoe to our hearts delight after the retreat.

We have had lots of the bitter cold that makes me feel tough in the winter (especially when I am reading a Little House book and pretend I can relate), but I am really looking for some snow to help out.

No comments: