Thursday, February 21, 2008

TRAIN

My thoughts are just like a word association game right now, so let's just go with it. First of all, we finally got to go snowshoeing on Monday. We had just enough snow and a great day for it an thoroughly enjoyed our test run on the new snowshoes. We had to out-shoe some girl scouts (at least I think they were girl-scouts) to avoid a talkative hike. Not that we don't talk, but we don't giggle as much (at least I don't). We hope for at least one more time out before the snow melts.
My parent's will be in town this weekend, which will be really nice. It's been since Christmas that we last saw each other, so we are looking forward to that. No big plans yet, but we will think of something grand to do, won't we?
This Sunday is our first class of the second round of our School of Revolution leadership class. Tom and I will be teaching about 3/4 of the time for this session, which will be enjoyable. Hopefully we can think of something to say for an hour and half . . . actually, we usually go over the time with our teaching. One time, Tom was basing his time off of a broken clock in the room, which measured minutes by increments of greater than 60 seconds (but still ticked to give you the illusion of working). Either way, he had used up most of the class time teaching and going off on bunny-trails when he finally finished and it was time to start my lesson (each class has two lessons, we usually each teach one). I had very little time left and Tom felt pretty bad. I just didn't want to be rude and cut him off, and I thought he'd realize he had been talking for longer than usual.
I am really tired right now. Today was possibly the worst gym class ever! We actually stopped what we were doing to play Simon Says half-way through class because they were not only struggling to listen to and follow simple directions, but one student was questioning every thing I was doing and arguing with me and other students were yelling because there fellow classmates weren't following direction. Not to mention that the room (a multi-purpose gym at another church) was set up with tables and chairs on one third and a prayer-labyrinth on most of the other two-thirds of the room. We had a small alleyway to do basketball passing drills and stretches and a small area caged in by roll-away divider walls to play "Lightning" in.
I am also hungry.

No comments: