Monday, March 19, 2007

SUPERMARKET SWEEP

There used to be a fun, weird show on TV called Supermarket Sweep, where the general idea was for the contestants to get the most amount of groceries in their cart withinin a short time-span. There were other elements, such as answering questions about supermarket items, but I don't remember most of the details of the game. If they were to make an offshoot gameshow, where the general idea is for the contestants to get the most amount of meals out of a small, limited amount of money within a one hour timespan, Tom and I would certainly win. No calculators, no running through the store, no impulse buying, but simply getting the basics for the most amount of meals you can within the price limit of the amount of "tips" you have earned during the last couple of days. What a fun show that would be. And the real life testimonials of the contestants would be touching, challenging and heart-warming.

I might contact ABC right away, though last time I contacted them with a TV show idea (high school), they took my information and never actually contacted me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, you have touched on one of my favorite memories of childhood. I would watch S.S. faithfully before and after I would go swimming at the Roundup pool everyday during my junior high summers.

Katy said...

Nicole, I am really glad that my blogs bring about such fond young memories of TV shows and reading. And I am also glad that you are one of very few who bring me the joy of actually responding to my thoughts.