Exactly one year ago, Tom and woke up early (at least it seemed early at the time) from the airbed in the living room of Tim and Nicole's apartment, ate a wonderful homemade breakfast, took some coffee in a to-go mug specially made with carmel, said our sad goodbye's and set out on the road for a long day's drive to Medora, ND. We had already packed up our apartment and moved out of there and put everything into storage. We were heading for Theodore Roosevelt National Park for the summer and had no idea what was past that point.
It's strange now to see the journey that God has had us on. It was a journey with God just to get to the point of leaving the church and finally of moving out of our apartment and going to our summer of worship leading, informal ministry, cutting pizzas, serving beer, building a playground and pretending to fix air-conditioers in ND. But from there, God worked in even more amazing and mysterious ways to lead us back to MN to where we are now. (Let me know if you want to know the story). Each step has been a step of obedience to God's calling and moving, but most have been a step towards the unknown. But with that obedience, God has bleseed us immensely and given us the next step to take and I am amazed at the blessings that abound as we move along with Him into the unknown.
(This was supposed to be a blog about the wonder of the badlands and the things that I missed about Medora - the buffalo, elk, gazelle, coyotes, deer and elusive mountain lion named Ralph, the wind blowing across the prairie grass, the drive through the park, the ministry etc. But I guess I just suddenly became overwhelmed with God's goodness and wonderful moving in our lives in this last year).
It's strange now to see the journey that God has had us on. It was a journey with God just to get to the point of leaving the church and finally of moving out of our apartment and going to our summer of worship leading, informal ministry, cutting pizzas, serving beer, building a playground and pretending to fix air-conditioers in ND. But from there, God worked in even more amazing and mysterious ways to lead us back to MN to where we are now. (Let me know if you want to know the story). Each step has been a step of obedience to God's calling and moving, but most have been a step towards the unknown. But with that obedience, God has bleseed us immensely and given us the next step to take and I am amazed at the blessings that abound as we move along with Him into the unknown.
(This was supposed to be a blog about the wonder of the badlands and the things that I missed about Medora - the buffalo, elk, gazelle, coyotes, deer and elusive mountain lion named Ralph, the wind blowing across the prairie grass, the drive through the park, the ministry etc. But I guess I just suddenly became overwhelmed with God's goodness and wonderful moving in our lives in this last year).
1 comment:
Hey Katy
I am glad that God continues to show you guys where to go.
Post a Comment