Maple Grove, MN has an expanding fake mountain range - or at least mini-foothills. Where most places see the sad loss of hundreds of trees, hills and grassy plains for the sake of "building up" new areas for shopping, eating and general subarban expansion, Maple Grove is replacing what is lost with new dirt mini-foothills. The mountains of Maple Grove seem to be expanding more and more as the shopping areas also expand. It is really quite amazing.
Yes, there is some type of quarry there, but that doesn't explain the whole thing to me. It seems to be an attempt at beautifying the landscape to me, though nothing grows on them really. But I have to admit that the sunrise over the peaks can be quite beautiful as I gaze through the window of the coffeeshop.
Yes, there is some type of quarry there, but that doesn't explain the whole thing to me. It seems to be an attempt at beautifying the landscape to me, though nothing grows on them really. But I have to admit that the sunrise over the peaks can be quite beautiful as I gaze through the window of the coffeeshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment