The house we've been staying at (our pastor's house) for the last month has a wonderful sun room in the back of the house. Off the kitchen is a nice bright room with lots of windows and cedar covering the walls and ceilings. This is the room where we spent our time eating, talking with whoever was home at the time, watching TV, reading, using the computer etc. Some of the appeal of it is the light and that you can see out to the backyard. It is a small suburban backyard, but there are still squirrels, woodpeckers and a variety of birds to look at.
As I ate my last lunch at the house on Monday before heading to work, I was enjoying this room and the nature when I noticed something in the yard next door (which you can also see from this room). There was a deer in the yard . . . a deer hanging upside down from the tree, white butt in the air. I have been in Minnesota long enough to slightly understand the hunting sub-culture (only slightly though) and to have attended a booya (giant "potluck" type meal where you make a big soup/stew of vegatables and different specialty meats like venison and whatever else you might have hunted down). But I was still in a bit of shock to see this deer airing out in the yard next store while I ate my soup for lunch. It shoudl also be noted that it took me a few minutes to realize that it was upside down and that I was looking at it's butt and not it's head.
As I ate my last lunch at the house on Monday before heading to work, I was enjoying this room and the nature when I noticed something in the yard next door (which you can also see from this room). There was a deer in the yard . . . a deer hanging upside down from the tree, white butt in the air. I have been in Minnesota long enough to slightly understand the hunting sub-culture (only slightly though) and to have attended a booya (giant "potluck" type meal where you make a big soup/stew of vegatables and different specialty meats like venison and whatever else you might have hunted down). But I was still in a bit of shock to see this deer airing out in the yard next store while I ate my soup for lunch. It shoudl also be noted that it took me a few minutes to realize that it was upside down and that I was looking at it's butt and not it's head.
No comments:
Post a Comment