Friday, January 12, 2007

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE

Our store recently put a nice, large, color coupon in a housing magazine. Apparently the masses are looking for housing right now because it seemed like every customer - teenage girls, the elderly, the working man - was using this coupon today. It advertises the Carmel Mocha Latte (that is the wonderul color photo), but can be used for any buy one, get one free or 50% off any drink. Most people don't realize it though, and just walk up saying, "I have this coupon" and showing it to me as if I haven't already seen it a few dozen times today. They seem puzzled when I ask, "do you want the carmel mocha latte or another drink?" and equally puzzled when I ask them what them what size drink they want. Most places offer a standard 12 oz. 16 oz. and 20 oz. size, but this is very puzzling to people most of the time

Needless to say, my shift was an hour longer today than I planned on, and I made one too many of these ooey, gooey, scrumptious drinks. It wasn't a bad day by any means, but it's amazing how everyone found this coupon today, on the coldest day of the winter so far.

No comments: