Apparently I have a second conversation shirt. This one is also associated with Bethel (a hooded sweatshirt that says "Bethel Yomi's" - the really super cool nickname for the Youth Ministry department and it's members). The first conversation shirt had a small Bethel College & Seminary emblem on it. Today, I was asked what the verse was on the shirt (John 15:16). I wasn't sure, and so the man who asked me looked it up on the computer and then read to me:
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
Luckily, this prepared me for a lady a few hours later who asked me what the verse was. I think it was a quiz, because she seemed to know it and wanted to make sure I did. Someone else had a wife who graduated from there and a father who is somehow in charge of the library.
My most interesting converstaion was with a couple who are part of a campus ministry at the University of Minnesota. Through this ministry and others, there is an old fraternity house which has been redone as partial campus living and parital non-profit cofreehouse. The ministries on campus are a little more focused on evangelism and discipleship, but this particual ministry is focused on relationships and the ministry formed through that atmposphere. We had a really interesting conversation about that ministry, college and young adult ministry (in general as well as specifically in the Twin Cities) and also about our coffeeshop dream. Hopefully Tom and I will be able to stop by there and check it out soon. But it was a really encouraging conversation in many ways.
All because of a sweatshirt.
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."
Luckily, this prepared me for a lady a few hours later who asked me what the verse was. I think it was a quiz, because she seemed to know it and wanted to make sure I did. Someone else had a wife who graduated from there and a father who is somehow in charge of the library.
My most interesting converstaion was with a couple who are part of a campus ministry at the University of Minnesota. Through this ministry and others, there is an old fraternity house which has been redone as partial campus living and parital non-profit cofreehouse. The ministries on campus are a little more focused on evangelism and discipleship, but this particual ministry is focused on relationships and the ministry formed through that atmposphere. We had a really interesting conversation about that ministry, college and young adult ministry (in general as well as specifically in the Twin Cities) and also about our coffeeshop dream. Hopefully Tom and I will be able to stop by there and check it out soon. But it was a really encouraging conversation in many ways.
All because of a sweatshirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment