Wednesday, January 31, 2007

NO HEAT FOR THE COFFEE DRINKER

On Sunday morning, Dunn Bros was without heat. I arrived at about one o'clock and the heat was fixed shortly after that, so I didn't have to deal with much of the chill. It was nice that is was fixed for my shift. The best thing about something being fixed is that there is no guaruntee of how long it will remain fixed. Thus, when I arrived at five-thirty a.m. the next day, it wasn't too surprising that it was only 50 degrees in the store and that I couldn't seem to get the heat to work. The warmth of the coffee eventually raised the temperature about 5 degrees, but it was a cold morning. And one where our devoted regulars still sat in the shop to enjoy their coffee, newspapers and morning conversation. I don't doubt that the "Moonies" (the group of women - which includes my mom - who regularly meet at my favorite Elmhurst, Il coffeeshop) would have done the same thing.

No comments: