Monday, August 13, 2007

ALL DUNN AND OTHER THOUGHTS

Saturday was my last day of working at Dunn Bros. I started my shift with a little vase of daisies from some nice customers (a friendly couple who are regulars), which was really sweet. I finished with flying colors, making sure to mess up one drink and spill at least one thing on my last day. I had a really good, unhealthy and super-expensive drink as my last free beverage and then I was on my way. It was a bit sentimental, but overall, it is a great feeling to be done there and moving into something new.
We are currently in WI enjoying time with Tom's family (and doing some laundry) for a few days before heading to IL to see my family (and maybe do more laundry?) for a few days. It's been a long time since we've been home to either house, so it's really extra nice to be here and to get to see friends and family. We even watched a short amount of the meteor shower last night, but only saw one big one right when we walked outside.
We start with the school next Tuesday for some prep work before school starts on Sept. 4th. We have already done some work and had a few meetings and are excited for this new season of life, work and ministry.

2 comments:

AL said...

I like how you changed up the blog again

Christensen 5 said...

Have fun in WI. Relax and enjoy!!